Big Society: Rural Advice
The Leicestershire and Rutland Rural Community Council (RCC) is delighted to have been chosen to deliver the Leicestershire Rural Partnership (LRP) Rural Advice Service.
Funded by Leicestershire County Council the service will provide the following support to help progress Big Society initiatives in rural areas:
- Advice and guidance to communities on a range of rural issues
- Specialist advice on community consultation, action planning and project development activity
- Signposting to other organisations and support services that may be able to provide further support and advice in specialist areas
The 4 Ways to Warmth scheme is now well underway across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Supported by a range of partners the scheme will provide advice and guidance to frontline workers and volunteers on:
- insulation, energy saving and measures to keep homes warm and enable vulnerable people to live healthily
- advice on getting the best deal from your energy supplier including priority register for vulnerable people
- accessing handyperson schemes and small grant schemes to fund loft clearance for those eligible for free loft insulation
- recruitment, training and support for a network of volunteer energy Champions
- links to Good Neighbours/nominated neighbours schemes
- provision of information on Fuel Poverty to frontline workers and volunteers
- support through the First Contact Scheme from statutory agencies and partners
The scheme will also fund the purchase of emergency heating/hot water and winter warmer packs which will be available to vulnerable people across the area.
For more information of awareness events please see the above link or for more information contact email@example.com 0116 2689707
Local authorities and other agencies recognise that having the local community engaged in the process of developing services in rural areas ensures that they are effective. The RCC offer a comprehensive support and consultation service that allows communities to get the very best out of their Parish and Community Plans.
The RCC offers an advisory service for village halls and also church halls in rural Leicestershire. The RCC also administers the Leicestershire County Council Village Hall Grant Scheme. Details of how to join the Village Halls Membership Scheme are also available.
For further information please contact Kevin Butcher, Village Halls Advisor. Tel: 0116 268 9701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RCC offers a number of services designed to assist with the development of environmental and sustainable projects and initiatives. These range from a Green Directory to the hire of a thermal imaging camera. Follow the link below for more information.