Tel: 0116 2662905
Rural Advice Service:
Free and impartial information, advice, and signpositing in relation to a wide range of issues and projects including:
- Neighbourhood & Community Led Planning
- Community Consultation & Engagement
- Localism and Community Rights
- Good Neighbour Schemes
- Rural Broadband & Community Websites (www.leicestershirevillages.com)
- Energy Efficiency & The Environment
- Community Facilities and Services
- Funding & Grants
- General Rural Issues
Features of the Service:
- Telephone & E-mail Support - Weekdays 9am - 4:30pm (1pm Fridays).
- RCC Officer attendance at meetings or events (advanced booking required).
- Online Toolkits, Case Studies, and links to other online resources.
- Range of Advice, Training & Networking Sessions (advanced booking required).
- Signposting and / or referral to partner organisations for specialist support and expert advice.
- Annual event to showcase good practice, and find out about new initiatives and support services.
A series of downloadable toolkits and online resources to support a wide range of community led projects and initiatives are available via the link below:
Big Society Grant Fund
Provided by Leicestershire County Council, The Big Society Grant Fund (totalling £340,000) is available to grassroots, community and voluntary organisations to develop ideas, projects and initiatives at a local level.
Project Ideas & Case Studies
The links below provide access to a range of case studies from around the county covering a wide spectrum of different community led projects and initiatives:
The Big Society Rural Advice Service is funded by: